Website York Region
Reporting to the Supervisor, Programs and Services, is responsible for the planning, implementation and evaluation of social, recreational, restorative and activation programs for residents of the Long Term Care facilities to promote social, intellectual, physical, emotional and spiritual well being and to ensure clients and visitors are provided with services that reflect the Branch’s commitment to a safe, secure and customer focused environment.
- Participates on committees, task forces and special projects as assigned.
- Communicates effectively with community based resources including community groups, travel services, schools, entertainers, speakers, various community faith groups etc.
- Implements and directs daily, weekly and monthly activation and therapy programs in groups or individually including theme and holiday events, intergenerational programs with schools, physical education and/or therapeutic programs, spiritual programs, resident outings etc.
- Assesses the needs, abilities and progress of residents on an individual basis by surveying residents, direct observation and liaison with family members.
- Plan, develop and implement social recreation programs based on resident needs and interests.
- Organizes events, outings and activities including the setting up of rooms for functions, purchasing supplies and equipment for activation and therapy programs.
- Completes documentation on client assessments in accordance with prescribed time frames to meet compliance requirements.
- Participates in meetings to share information regarding residents’ progress as a member of the multi-disciplinary care team.
- Assesses new residents upon admission and monitors progress of residents and reports on any changes.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration, and personal ownership.
- Ability to plan, organize and lead and direct groups and work effectively with volunteers.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to work within a diverse community and ability to deal empathetically with residents, family members, etc., to contribute to their well-being.
- Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, kinesiology, or other related field.
- Physical stamina and ability to lift in excess of 100lbs. with a partner; stand/walk most of the shift and lift/carry equipment, supplies and wheelchairs.
- Knowledge of the concepts of restorative care as applied in a Long Term Care setting.
- Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Checks (PVSC).
- Ability to demonstrate good judgement and decision making with the client,
- Demonstrated competency utilizing MS Office Software applications and proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, scheduling, and presentation software.
- Minimum one (1) year experience working in a long term care facility in planning, organizing and delivering activation programs for seniors.
Company: York Region
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newmarket, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com