Website VIA Rail
The technical trainer will manage the Diesel Engine Mechanic apprenticeship program. They will use their technical expertise to design and deliver training modules on technical and safety topics.
- Assess the progress of apprentice Diesel Engine Mechanics;
- Manage the certification and recertification processes for Diesel Engine Mechanics, as per Transport Canada regulations;
- Work closely with the Senior Advisor, Apprenticeship Program & Development as a technical expert for certain activities, such as holding post-
- mortems about various training modules, producing tracking reports and all other related administrative duties.
Prepare individual development plans;
- Design, analyze/evaluate and implement training modules for the Diesel Engine Mechanic apprenticeship program;
- Provide technical support after installation of new equipment and product changes and ensure links between their department, Technical Services (including Engineering) and Maintenance Centres;
- Deep knowledge of Maintenance operations and procedures;
- Daytime work schedule, but may be asked to work evenings or nights and travel occasionally based on operational needs.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in a similar role or equivalent experience;
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Deep knowledge of locomotive components;
- Diesel Mechanical or Heavy Duty Mechanic Diploma or Equivalent;
Company: VIA Rail
Job Category: Government Jobs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org