Website VIA Rail
As a member of the evolution team and within the scope of BI projects, s/he will contribute to the creation and evolution of VIA’s data and analytics solutions.
- Act as a data management specialist in different projects.
- Collaborate with analysts and developers to ensure proper management and delivery of source code. Supervise the development and ensure the quality of solutions by helping the development team in the application of data management guidelines and practices.
- Assist analysts and provide expertise in the resolution of major or urgent incidents.
- Evaluate and carryout detailed technical designs of targeted data solutions within the projects and evolution.
- Analyze, document and optimize data solutions by developing principles, internal standards and design processes in line with industry best practices.
- Provide expertise in developing flexible and reusable data integration solutions that respect the corporate architecture.
- Coordinate with development and quality assurance teams to facilitate and implement functional and load testing.
- Create and manage the continuous integration and delivery processes related to building, testing, and deploying solutions.
- Extensive knowledge of ETC and ECT data extraction processes.
- Expertise with JSON, Odata, XML, Parquet, ORC and other file formats.
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery tools, such as GitHub and Azure DevOps, to configure and build continuous integration and delivery paths.
- At least 10 years of experience in business intelligence or data management, including at least 5 years in a technical position.
- Extensive experience with Power BI, tabular models, dimensional modeling (Kimball), DAX as well as with SQL and relational databases.
- Significant experience working with Business Intelligence solutions from Microsoft Azure (Data Factory, Data Lake, etc.), SSIS or SSRS, or other equivalent technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, engineering or computer science (or a related field).
- Master’s degree in business intelligence or equivalent (major asset).
Company: VIA Rail
Job Category: Government Jobs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, Quebec, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com