Co-ordinate and lead all activities during sourcing cycle including clarification questions and issuance of addenda
- Work with team members and other partners to develop sourcing plans
- Create and implement procurement strategies
- Prepare RFP packages and carry out sourcing that align with industry standard methodologies
- Meet the requirements of our internal customers in alignment with established procurement goals, policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships and conduct business in a confident, objective, and respectful manner
- Assure availability of goods and services through the adherence to existing agreements and, when needed, contract amendments or renewal.
- Analyze the submitted proposals from a commercial perspective and negotiate contract terms and conditions which are favorable to Vale and seek to reduce the company’s risk exposure
- An Undergraduate Degree (Business, Commerce or Legal programs preferred) or a technologist diploma in civil, mechanical, electrical, construction or mining field or equivalent confirmed experience
- Experience related to procurement (mining, petrochemical or heavy manufacturing industry is preferred)
- Certification in a professional association (P. Eng., SCMA) an asset.
- Provide leadership in the preparation of sourcing documents
- Understand procurement principles and processes, Canadian contract law, commercial terms, and procurement to pay business systems.
- Understand and RFP processes, protocols, and industry standard methodologies
- 5-7 years of experience in the procurement field (Commodities & Logistics experience required)
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com