Website University of Manitoba
The Service Desk Analyst provides IT-related assistance to all University of Manitoba faculty, staff, retirees, and students. The incumbent is responsible for providing excellent customer technical service that is courteous and responsive in a client-facing environment. The individual will work with IST customers providing guidance, advice, and documentation to troubleshoot or resolve IT-related problems. The position will be required to schedule audiovisual booking requests.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and similar business productivity tools required.
- Must have a strong knowledge of supporting and configuring mobile devices and tablets.
- Must have advanced knowledge of MS Window, MAC, iOS, Android, etc., operating systems required.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills for the following: PC workstations, laptops, printers, fax machines, and scanners.
- The ability to accurately type 30 words per minute required.
- Must be able to work individually and in a team environment.
- One to two years of experience working on a Help Desk or Service Desk in an academic or administrative environment.
- 2 – 3-year Diploma with related certificates in an IT discipline.
- Must be available to work occasional overtime, on-call shifts, and scheduled shifts at either campus.
- Familiarity with University of Manitoba supported applications is desirable (such as Banner, VIP, Aurora, UMLearn, etc.).
- The incumbent should be able to demonstrate a commitment to professional development pertinent to the field.
- Must have an excellent knowledge of web browsing software.
- Satisfactory work record, including satisfactory attendance and punctuality, is required.
- Experience working with an ACD phone system is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or Community College.
- Ability to manage varying workloads to analyze situations quickly and correctly under pressure required.
- Must have experience using an ITSM tool to record and manage incidents and service requests.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required in dealing with all levels of staff and all levels of user knowledge required.
- Ability to provide support to staff and students in person and online regarding user issues with a variety of devices and screens required.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Must have experience supporting clients using Active Directory and MS Exchange.
- Must be able to work quickly and calmly under pressure and have a good deal of patience.
- Shift work is scheduled: M-F 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Must be available to work at both campuses.
- ITIL Foundations certificate preferred.
Company: University of Manitoba
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brandon, Manitoba, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org