Website University of Calgary
Reporting to the Executive Director of the Hunter Hub, and working collaboratively with central units as well as all innovation organizations and faculties of the university, the Marketing and Communications Manager will devise and execute a strategic marketing and communications plan to raise the profile of the Hunter Hub and innovation activities at UCalgary. They will lead a team to create, communicate and deliver impactful and inspiring community communications and content and find media opportunities that promote the University’s innovators and activities in entrepreneurial thinking and innovation.
- Source and negotiate services with external vendors and volunteers to create materials as needed.
- Professionalize and operationalize communication execution using project management best practices.
- Manage the Hunter Hub communication channels and liaise/coordinate with diverse faculty marketing and communications teams for the promotion of entrepreneurial thinking, innovation activities and to amplify innovators across the ecosystem and beyond as role models to inspire others.
- Support the Hunter Hub team to develop interesting, inspiring innovation events such as event series, hackathons and experiential learning events with different faculties, organizations, and experts.
- Work with faculty, subject matter experts and stakeholders to develop cutting edge, relevant and engaging entrepreneurial thinking resources and materials for marcom channels and instructional materials for the classroom
- Contribute to the development of high impact communications plans with internal/external partners for all initiatives and coordinate their implementation working alongside the appropriate person(s) within the Hunter Hub team or externally.
- A business, entrepreneurship, communications and/or education background with one or more university degrees in these fields, and is passionate about entrepreneurship and innovation. A Master’s degree is an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of local innovation ecosystems; demonstrated experience in developing collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of University plans and policies, as well as structure, governance, and decision-making processes is an asset.
- Understanding of human resource management and supervisory experience is required.
- 7+ years operations, media relations and/or stakeholder relations experience. Demonstrated expertise in leading integrated marketing communications strategy and a marketing communications team. Experience building websites an asset.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office are required. Experience with University core business systems (Peoplesoft, eFIN, enterprise reporting, etc.) an asset.
- Proactive and energetic self-starter dedicated to superior client service and able to successfully manage multiple competing priorities with minimal supervision and direction, who strives to exceed the needs of all stakeholders and partners.
Company: University Of Calgary
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Grande Prairie, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org