Website University of Calgary
The Distribution Clerk is responsible for the receipt and processing of all incoming shipments and mail for the University of Calgary from suppliers, departments, Canada Post, and other organizations. The primary tasks may vary depending on work assignments within the Distribution Services area.
- Delivers shipments to end user locations, (ie labs, offices within Foothills Campus)
- Accurately processes, sorts and delivers incoming shipments across campus.
- Tracks and records volumes for trends crucial to budget analysis.
- Enters shipment data into package tracking system for all shipment traffic processed through Distribution Services.
- Centrally receives incoming shipments of goods and equipment delivered to the University of Calgary
- Assists in the preparation of outbound shipments, including Dangerous Goods (DG), based on chosen mode of transportation to final destinations, including accurate completion of documents.
- The incumbent will have successfully complete a Grade 12 and/or three to five years of experience in a clerical, postal, shipping and receiving or stores area.
- Experience with Package Tracking hardware and software are essential as well as knowledge of ERP systems (preferable PeopleSoft).
- Must be certified to operate a Forklift.
- Possess good communication, interpersonal skills and proven ability to handle customers both on and off campus in a respectful, pleasant and professional manner
- Must be able to operate a University vehicle and have a valid Class 5 drivers license with less than 7 demerits (graduated and probationary licenses are not permitted); driver’s abstract must be provided at time of hiring.
- Experience with SC Logic shipping and receiving application
Company: University Of Calgary
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Albert, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com