Website University of Calgary
Provide advice and instruction and respond to requests for information from departments and units across the institution
- Initiate journal entries in PeopleSoft
- Ensure transactions are compliant with GAAP and university policies and procedures
- Provide coaching and guidance to junior journal entry initiators
- Act as a resource to management to provide accurate, reliable and timely special reports
- Approve journal entries within approval threshold
- Contribute to ongoing process improvement of the university’s financial systems and processes
- Liaise with Financial Reporting staff to ensure university financial reporting requirements are understood and work is consistently performed in such a way as to support accurate, timely and meaningful reporting
- Strong understanding of university financial reporting systems is required
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills is required
- May consider a combination of education and experience.
- 4 to 5 years experience in a computerized accounting environment is required.
- Extensive understanding of university chart-fields and ability to apply knowledge and communicate correct application of rules is required
- Strong spreadsheet skills is required
- Minimum bachelors degree in a related field required.
Company: University Of Calgary
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com