Website University of Calgary
This position is responsible for designing and developing all Advancement dashboards/reports to meet user requests, departmental operations, as well as the strategic goals of the University and Advancement inter-University/industry benchmarking UCalgary participates in.. In addition this position will also be responsible for developing reporting standards, report usage guidelines, establishing report development and Business Intelligence (BI) best practice, and identifying, and deploying appropriate reporting tools. The manager will lead a team of senior analysts and data engineers who will design, develop and maintain the Advancement Office data warehouse, reporting infrastructure, and other analytical products.
- Provide innovative insight through data and reports to meet business challenges, using tools such as Power BI, Tableau, and SSRS, among others.
- Works with business owners to define metrics and identify necessary dashboards needed and reporting standards. Ensures report quality and data accuracy/integrity.
- Ensures sufficient redundancy to maintain reporting operational effectiveness/meet stakeholder needs, in light of staff turnover, unforeseen events etc.
- Oversees the design, development, testing, deployment, and Training for all Power BI/Tableau/SSRS dashboards/reports developed by the Advancement Data team.
- Sets a vision for the analytics function within Advancement and develops a path for growth, including but not limited to: managing capacity issues, staffing and hiring, cross-team integration, establishing team goals, and identifying opportunities
- Define structures, policies, processes and metrics to improve and maintain the quality and ownership of dashboards/reports and information assets
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A university degree/certification in business, computer science and proven experience with database management and/or program management
- In-depth knowledge of business intelligence, data analysis and report development through tools such as Power BI, Tableau, and SSRS
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory abilities
- 5+ years of data management, data stewardship or data governance, business intelligence and reporting experience or equivalent in a related field.
- In depth understanding of one or more Database management systems (SQL server, Oracle etc.), and strong SQL coding skills.
- Strong technical aptitude
Company: University Of Calgary
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org