Website University of the Fraser Valley
The Coordinator, Indigenous Student Transition and Engagement supports the successful transition of Indigenous student to UFV through holistic, Indigenous student-centered lens.
- Demonstrated knowledge and lived experience of Indigenous peoples and communities, ways of knowing, and worldviews, particularly of the Stó:lo peoples.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent written communication skills, including experience writing reports.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the challenges and barriers faced by Indigenous students in postsecondary, as well as the resources available to them.
- Evidence of strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Minimum two (2) years’ related experience.
- Demonstrated strong computer skills, including the ability to use the advanced features of the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook) and experience working with social media platforms and tools.
- Demonstrated strength in organizational skills, task prioritization, and goal setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the post-secondary education system, with preference given to those with knowledge of UFV Student Services.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Evidence of strong skills in relationship building and collaboration.
- Possess an understanding and commitment to student development theory, student success initiatives, and community development.
Company: University of the Fraser Valley
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Surrey, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org