Website University of the Fraser Valley
The Financial Analyst & Liaison will provide the interface between the Financial Services department and account/capital project managers, including Senior Administrators, Directors, Department Heads and individual account holders by providing high quality guidance and support in managing accounts and budgets. The main responsibility of this position is to provide reliable and relevant information for internal and external institutional reporting, forecasting and decision making.
- This position will establish relationships with designated account holders and project managers (internal and external to UFV), educate them on UFV financial business practices, and assist in developing relevant and useful reports for decision making
- Assist in position control for the departments in the portfolio.
- Prepare capital reports and attend capital project meetings and work with project office to track project costs and progress.
- Calculate and maintain operating and capital lease schedules.
- Tracking important deadlines and reporting dates, preparing financial reports for external agencies, related to capital and operating accounts, and providing financial support as needed.
- Responsible for tangible capital assets capitalization, amortization schedules, working papers and capital fund reporting for inclusion in quarterly reporting and the consolidated financial statements.
- The role entail evaluating financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Monitor accounts and forecast year end and future results based on available information and estimates.
- High proficiency in financial modelling.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, written and oral.
- Ability to effectively convey financial information to those with a non-financial background.
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Business or a related discipline, with an emphasis on accounting.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, and Access; experience with Banner preferred.
- Experience with maintaining tangible capital assets and fund accounting preferred.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have three (3) years of progressive experience in a financial environment, and have a working knowledge of accounting practices, budgeting, data analysis, reconciliations and circumstances unique to a unionized post-secondary environment.
Company: University of the Fraser Valley
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com