Website Toronto Transit Commission
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Systems Integration Lead is responsible for the integration of program system elements, including program system processes, to deliver project initiatives safely, on time, and on budget throughout the program/project life cycle.
- Supporting Project Management and Construction Management teams for the development and review of Operating & Maintenance specifications, processes and procedures
- Supporting Project Management and Construction Management teams for the development and review of Testing & Commissioning specifications, processes and procedures
- Participating in program interface management activities and monitoring program interfaces
- Developing processes to track and monitor outstanding issues to ensure timely resolution.
- Promoting a respectful work and service environment that supports diversity, inclusion, and is free from harassment and discrimination.
- Providing leadership in the development and implementation of inclusive and accessible policies, programs and/or services for employees and customers in accordance with TTC’s commitments and obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and Related Orders, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and TTC’s policies.
- Participating in the TTC Customer Service Ambassador Program.
- Developing and maintaining Interface Control Documents (ICD) and Interface Agreements at program level and for Systems, Stations and Yard projects;
- Supporting Systems project teams in defining life cycle activities, development of technical scope of work, and evaluation of technical submittals;
- Monitoring consultant progress and performance against established terms of reference and work plans
- Developing work plans for consultant program management and interface management implementation;
- Supporting Project teams in review of contracts, work plans, reports and documents; obtaining sign-offs as required;
- Participating in interface management agreements and escalation;
- Developing and monitoring responses for Requests for Information (RFIs), and Design Variances;
- Participating in Risk Analysis, Change Management, Conflict Resolution and Program
- Management Support activities;
- Reviewing project scope definitions, requirements, designs, implementation plans, and testing & commissioning plans;
- Reviewing consultant submissions to provide feedback on interface management and operational dependencies
- Providing coordination support to engage Operations and other interfacing parties, as required, to develop and maintain technical integration requirements;
- Ability to coordinate complex, multi-faceted issues/tasks in a challenging environment that is schedule-driven;
- A valid Province of Ontario Class “G” Driver’s license, and use of personal vehicle as required;
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario.
Proficient in the use of computer software applications relevant to the work (e.g. Microsoft Office);
- Completion of a university degree in a related discipline (e.g. systems, electrical, mechanical or industrial engineering), plus system interface management experience for large multi-discipline projects; or a combination of education, training and experience deemed to be equivalent.
- On a limited basis, work schedules may be irregular.
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and
- Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
- Knowledge of applicable codes/practices/standards and how they relate to the applicable systems
- Extensive knowledge of systems integration, testing, commissioning, maintenance, and interface management with a focus on rapid transit operations, particularly rail systems operated in semi exclusive or exclusive right-of-ways
- Knowledge of interfacing systems such as Signals/Train Control, Communications, Traction Power, Subway Ventilation, SCADA and Trackwork
- Ability to interpret project documentation, plans, processes and project drawings using demonstrated knowledge of applicable construction contracts, procurement, codes, standards, regulations and status
- Ability to motivate and coordinate the efforts of others to accomplish objectives
- Sound judgement, and decision making skills; well-developed technical, analytical and problem solving skills effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret complex reports, recognize problems and evaluate solutions
Company: Toronto Transit Commission
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Whitby, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org