Website Toronto Transit Commission
Manages project activities associated with vehicle systems engineering, including vehicle level system integration and collaboration with mechanical and electrical engineering disciplines.
- Research, test, and implement new technologies to help improve safety, reliability, and cost efficiency on all revenue and non-revenue TTC vehicles.
- Perform safety, maintainability and reliability analyses.
- Prepare, verify, modify, and approve specifications and drawings.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct comprehensive test programs.
- Candidate will be required to participate in the TTC Customer Service Ambassador Program.
- Review and/or prepare reports and other correspondence related to project technical issues, schedules, and interfaces as they relate to vehicle systems engineering.
- Investigate and diagnose complex problems on the vehicle and its systems.
- Work with and co-ordinate the work performed by external agencies.
- Coordinate the systems engineering process, including the interchange of information, plans, performance, modelling, safety certification documentation and design integration between the department section and stakeholders.
- Support the vehicle engineering quality assurance, safety certification, reliability, commissioning and warranty processes.
- Provide project management guidance and systems engineering support including design, system assurance and integration, and testing procedures.
- Promotes a respectful work and service environment that supports diversity, inclusion, and is free from harassment and discrimination. Provides leadership in the development and implementation of inclusive and accessible policies, programs and/or services for employees and customers in accordance with TTC’s commitments and obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and Related Orders, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and TTC’s policies.
- Recommend cost-effective solutions relating to corrective measures to be taken, vehicle modifications, work methods and/or procedures, etc.
- Apply analytical skills
- Understand and apply relevant laws and regulations
- Demonstrate specialized expertise and knowledge in the assigned field
- Communicate in a variety of mediums
- Registration as a licensed Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario is required.
- Completion of a post-secondary college diploma or university degree in a related discipline (mechanical, electrical or systems engineering) or combination of education, training and experience deemed to be equivalent.
- Use office technology, software and applications
- Registration as a Project Management Professional, Certification as a Truck and Coach Technician (310T) and/or Automotive Service Technician (310S) are considered to be valued assets.
Company: Toronto Transit Commission
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org