Website Town of Oakville
Reports to the Shop supervisor and fleet lead hands. Performs body and other repairs, overhauls, inspects and diagnoses of Hydro, Fire and all Oakville’s Fleet vehicles in an efficient and effective manner with a high degree of quality to reduce or eliminate premature wear/corrosion, service calls, in-service failures and provide maximum service dependability.
- Read, interpret, and function with technical drawings and Blue prints for redesign of equipment.
- Cutting and bending / restoration of metal components. Plasma and oxyacetylene use.
- Collision repairs for vehicles to OEM standards.
- Remove, refurbish and install parts / components / systems necessary to perform body repairs.
- File, grind, sand, fill and finish various metals and fiberglass.
- Sand blasting, priming and spray painting of metals.
- Performs the laid out tasks of the Preventive Maintenance Schedule for the shop equipment relevant to this position and assists Leadhand and/or Management with their planning if requested.
- Operate shop equipment necessary for such repairs, i.e. drills and hydraulic presses, lifting equipment, pipe benders.
- Use of varying types of fastening methods, including rivets, welding, chemical bonding etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Enters and maintains accurate records and data on work performed daily.
- Performs job duties in accordance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and the Corporate Policies of the Town of Oakville.
- Weld breaks in body and frames, associated parts, and fabricate as required.
- Work with and weld, paint and prepare surfaces of aluminum, steel or fiberglass.
- Weld using stick, MIG, TIG, ARC welding machines.
- Demonstrate effective communications, both oral and written, customer service, and problem solving skills. Proficient time management skills and flexibility in adjusting between a varieties of duties is required.
- Certified all position welder (Arc welding, Mig welding, Tig welding) Mild steel, cast iron, aluminum and plastics.
- Required to upgrade License to DZ within 90 days of commencing employment.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend memos, letters, work orders, instructions, service manuals, electrical/electronic schematics, parts catalogue, technical drawings, operators reports, operator manuals, assembly diagrams, wiring diagram updates, repair reports, job estimates and hydraulic schematic updates.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, or as part of a team where required.
- Must posses basic mathematical skills to comprehend using addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and ratios.
- Familiarity with Book 7 Traffic Control, Highway Traffic Act, MSDS, WHMIS, Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act, and other
- Regulations and Standards as they affect this work would be an asset.
- Diversified equipment experience as noted in the summary above is required.
- Must hold and provide a copy of a valid and unrestricted Ontario Driver’s License Class G minimum (standard and automatic transmission) with a driving record that demonstrates a responsible and safe driving behaviour.
Company: Town of Oakville
Job Category: Cities And States
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakville, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com