Website Toronto Police Service
In this role, you will be responsible for receiving, monitoring and assessing incoming emergency calls, and take or expedite the required action in accordance with Service procedures.
- Consistently review events and adjust priorities based on incoming information
- Monitor police pursuits and gather information to assist the Supervisor and the police officer(s) involved. Liaise with other divisions or other Police Services to provide an appropriate response
- Be responsible for co-ordinating emergency response to situations requiring the combined presence of fire, ambulance, or emergency personnel from other Divisions or other Police Services.
- Assign calls for service to police or parking enforcement officers
- Provide instructions or direction to callers when required.
- Answer 911 calls from citizens who will be involved in stressful and life threatening situations.
- Ability to hear and readily relay information accurately with high attention to detail, while operating various methods of communication equipment (Computer Aided Dispatch, TTY, portable radios, telephones) despite constant interruptions and distractions.
- Vision standards: 20/40 vision (uncorrected) or 20/30 vision (corrected) with normal close vision, colour vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus is essential.
- Experience in emergency response, and/or high-stress call centre environments is preferred.
- Must be available to work shifts, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Have successful completion of grade 12 or an approved equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Must have a minimum of two years’ of previous customer service experience in a fast paced and multi-tasking environment.
Company: Toronto Police Service
Job Category: Armed Forces
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com