Creates store designs for portfolio of stores in a given region or format type. Able to independently create and manage work from concept to detailed design stage in accordance with the Canadian design studio strategy.
- Ensure partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Challenges and inspires internal team and consultants to achieve business results.
- Elevates studio design quality through effective mentoring and team engagement. Key influencer in collaborative design review with consistent, thoughtful and relevant feedback.
- Supports studio leadership in executing design strategy and aligning with key cross-functional stakeholders to meet brand expectations, including market/store tours as needed.
- Assesses the scope of each project through review of surveys and real estate documents and manages the production and delivery of design documents.
- Mentors and supports team members for continued professional development.
- Prepares, communicates and educates client groups and design team on changes in policies and practices within the organization.
- Develops and maintains relationships across business functions and diverse groups, encouraging collaboration to continuously improve organizational capability.
- Supports the implementation of company programs to ensure the success of the Company.
- Provides clear, effective and timely communication of design direction and changes.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support in order to achieve partner, business and customer results.
- Supports studio leadership with work group goals and organizational capability; role models effective studio collaboration.
Sets schedules in partnership with store development team. Communicate dates to internal and external team and meets all established deadlines.
- Works with key cross-functional stakeholders to ensure that design processes, practices and programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
- Fosters studio design culture with relevant design inspiration and industry trend. Shares advancement in design thinking, professional practice, technology, etc.
- Supports leadership in delivering strategic and operational plans for the design team, managing execution and measuring results.
- Executes store designs in collaboration with cross-functional teams to optimize material and inventory levels, achieve fiscal goals and uphold corporate and global responsibilities.
- Degree or diploma in the design discipline from a recognized educational institution.
- Demonstrated direct experience creating interior and architectural design concepts for a range of project sizes and varying complexity levels.
- Bilingual fluency in French and English required
- Interior and architectural design experience in retail, hospitality or restaurant design, working with design agencies and/or development organizations. (8 – 10 years)
- Relevant experience leading design teams with decision-making authority and accountability, managing direct reports, budgets and coordinating external consultants.
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kingsville, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org