This job contributes to Starbucks success by delivering outstanding store designs for the Canadian market based in a regional design studio. Store designs uphold the Starbucks customer experience and brand design expectations while meeting budgets, schedules and operational requirements. Works in close partnership with design peers, studio leadership and cross-functional teams.
- Ensures solutions are aligned with project budgets, timelines and regional criteria.
- Supports the implementation of company programs to ensure the success of the Company.
- Supports leadership in delivering strategic and operational plans for the design team, managing execution and measuring results.
- Fosters studio design culture with relevant design inspiration and industry trend. Shares advancement in design thinking, professional practice, technology, etc.
- Provides clear, effective and timely communication of design direction and changes.
- Delivers high quality presentations to leaders, peers, and stakeholders. Shares design work regularly with a clear verbal narrative and effective visual presentation material.
- Supports studio leadership with work group goals and organizational capability; role models effective studio collaboration.
- Responds and adapts to changing timelines and project demands while meeting design expectations and operational requirements.
- Supports studio leadership in executing design strategy and aligning with key cross-functional stakeholders to meet brand expectations, including market/store tours as needed.
- Prepares, communicates and educates client groups and design team on changes in policies and practices within the organization.
- Works with key cross-functional stakeholders to ensure that design processes, practices and programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
- Sets schedules in partnership with store development team. Communicate dates to internal and external team and meets all established deadlines.
- Develops and maintains relationships across business functions and diverse groups, encouraging collaboration to continuously improve organizational capability.
- Executes store designs in collaboration with cross-functional teams to optimize material and inventory levels, achieve fiscal goals and uphold corporate and global responsibilities.
- Elevates studio design quality through effective mentoring and team engagement. Key influencer in collaborative design review with consistent, thoughtful and relevant feedback.
- Demonstrates and shares in-depth knowledge of materials, lighting, acoustics, construction standards, detailing and best practice in architectural and interior design.
- Creates solutions for various real estate formats including but not limited to interior sites, free standing buildings, facades, existing store renovations and alternative store formats.
- Creates store designs for portfolio of stores in a given region or format type. Able to independently create and manage work from concept to detailed design stage in accordance with the Canadian design studio strategy.
- Assesses the scope of each project through review of surveys and real estate documents and manages the production and delivery of design documents.
- Leads the production of schematic plans, design intent packages and construction drawings that clearly communicate the design direction to stakeholders, peers, cross-functional team and external consultants.
- Creates environments that are relevant to the customer and consistent with the brand. Responds to site features, local context, customer and community profile.
- Relevant experience leading design teams with decision-making authority and accountability, managing direct reports, budgets and coordinating external consultants.
- Degree or diploma in the design discipline from a recognized educational institution.
- Bilingual fluency in French and English required
- Demonstrated direct experience creating interior and architectural design concepts for a range of project sizes and varying complexity levels.
- Interior and architectural design experience in retail, hospitality or restaurant design, working with design agencies and/or development organizations. (8 – 10 years)
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org