Creates store designs for portfolio of stores in a given region or format type. Able to independently create and manage work from concept to detailed design stage in accordance with the Canadian design studio strategy.
- Creates environments that are relevant to the customer and consistent with the brand. Responds to site features, local context, customer and community profile.
- Ensures solutions are aligned with project budgets, timelines and regional criteria.
- Elevates studio design quality through effective mentoring and team engagement. Key influencer in collaborative design review with consistent, thoughtful and relevant feedback.
- Develops and maintains relationships across business functions and diverse groups, encouraging collaboration to continuously improve organizational capability.
- Supports studio leadership with work group goals and organizational capability; role models effective studio collaboration.
- Leads the production of schematic plans, design intent packages and construction drawings that clearly communicate the design direction to stakeholders, peers, cross-functional team and external consultants.
- Creates solutions for various real estate formats including but not limited to interior sites, free standing buildings, facades, existing store renovations and alternative store formats.
- Responds and adapts to changing timelines and project demands while meeting design expectations and operational requirements.
- Fosters studio design culture with relevant design inspiration and industry trend. Shares advancement in design thinking, professional practice, technology, etc.
- Demonstrates and shares in-depth knowledge of materials, lighting, acoustics, construction standards, detailing and best practice in architectural and interior design.
- Delivers high quality presentations to leaders, peers, and stakeholders. Shares design work regularly with a clear verbal narrative and effective visual presentation material.
- Supports studio leadership in executing design strategy and aligning with key cross-functional stakeholders to meet brand expectations, including market/store tours as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution in Architecture, Interior Design or related design field.
- Professional licensing, qualification and/or credentials in Architecture or Interior Design and a recognized sustainable program a plus.
- Relevant experience leading design teams with decision-making authority and accountability, managing direct reports, budgets and coordinating external consultants.
- Degree or diploma in the design discipline from a recognized educational institution.
- Bilingual fluency in French and English required
- Interior and architectural design experience in retail, hospitality or restaurant design, working with design agencies and/or development organizations. (8 – 10 years)
- Demonstrated direct experience creating interior and architectural design concepts for a range of project sizes and varying complexity levels.
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, Quebec, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com