Website Sport Chek
The Store General Manager is responsible for maximizing the net profit of their location by effective management of all functions in the store. This is accomplished through ensuring optimal customer experiences, maximizing sales, expense and cost management, store presentation, and protection of company assets. The incumbent is an ambassador of active lifestyles and drives continual growth of business and development of people, leveraging best practices and leads through stewardship of FGL’s Leadership Brand.
- Follows and ensures compliance of all corporate LP, Cash and Audit, and OH&S policies and procedures.
- Creates and / or monitors the creation of efficient store weekly scheduling for both sales and support functions.
- Completes and holds team accountable to complete required Triangle Learning Acandemy within timeframes.
- Provide continuous feedback and coaching to Management & team members based on key metrics. and observed behaviours through Huddles, 1 on 1s, and performance management coaching programs.
- Maintain FGL performance management expectations (feedback/coaching); this includes progressive discipline where necessary.
- Promotes and maintains a positive and motivating work environment (safe, inclusive, and empowering)
- Develops and leads recruiting and hiring strategy for store, maintains a complete team
- Facilitate and lead team meetings.
- Create succession plans through continuous training and development
- Continually motivates team and performance through recognition programs, store contests, customer compliments, etc.
- Ensures processes and systems are followed for the execution of tech shop service programs, including maintenance and compliance standards.
- Establishes plan and follows up on execution of weekly price changes, promotional set-ups, and department POP as per
- Playbook resulting in 100% system pricing including weekly prices sweeps.
- Coach and develop store and management team, through setting expectations, communication, coaching, feedback and ongoing support
- Achieves sales goals and store order fulfillment metrics
- Create development plans and conducts annual appraisals for management team and direct reports; support and coach to improve any performance gaps, and conducts ongoing coaching to improve team.
- Responsible to deliver annual corporate shrink targets through team education, enforcement of LP and audit standards and rigid inventory control.
- Delivers on Triangle loyalty program targets
- Acts a brand ambassador, promoting our stores, brands, and people internally and externally
- Follows the disciplinary process consistently and impartially.
- Ensure execution of the Customer Experience, and provides resolution for all customer concerns.
- Expenses managed to plan
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner to team, leading effective huddles / meetings / coaching sessions, keeping team well informed of pertinent information.
- Leads the implementation and execution of standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Payroll managed to plan
- Shrink at or below target
- Meets established service levels agreements for in-store services and order fulfillment.
- Enforces delivery of our Five Star Solution customer service standards.
- Oversees preparation for annual inventories.
- Leads the execution of seasonal changeover as per seasonal merchandising plan.
- Demonstrates and follows up on execution of FGL visual compliance standards, store maintenance and pricing standards.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Superior training and mentoring skills
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and develop department team and store team, through setting expectations, communication, coaching, feedback and ongoing support
- Excellent organizational skills
- 3-5 years retail experience managing (big box) required
- Proven ability to build and manage a daily, weekly game plans for the department and store
- High energy, enthusiasm and a drive to succeed
- Fundamental computer skills an asset
Company: Sport Chek
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com