Responsible for negotiations of smaller Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBAs) within their area of responsibility and supports the Director during larger sets of negotiations.
- Determine negotiations approach to align with the Company’s strategic direction.
- Lead the negotiations team and act as principal negotiator during certain sets of negotiations under their responsibility.
- Understand and develop bargaining mandate on all major terms for each set of negotiations prior to entering into
- negotiations with a union.
- Prepare for and represent the Company at Arbitration hearings.
- Fully understand the competitive landscape and uses the data to prepare for and negotiate CBAs .
- Update the Director of Labour Relations on progress and take direction as required.
- Strikes and lock-outs
- Ensure proper administration and interpretation of CBAs.
- Provide prompt, firm and accurate counsel to other Leaders who contact the LR department for guidance or assistance.
- Maintain wage and other comparisons for all direct competitors for each collective agreement.
- Follow processes on maintaining files on all original labour contracts and notes taken during negotiations, grievances and
- Arbitration hearings.
- Review all incident reports and provides recommendations on discipline to operators ensuring that discipline is correctly and consistently administered.
- Administration Of CBAs, Grievances And Arbitrations
- Maintain detailed clause by clause comparison of collective agreements.
- Ensure that grievances are promptly and properly processed to avoid or minimize liability to the Company.
- Maintain negotiating notes and file as required.
- Work with the Director of Labour Relations, HR, Operations to execute strike and lock-out plans as required.
- Work on the resolution of grievances, consulting with HR and Operations as needed.
- Experience acting as a chief spokesperson in collective bargaining is considered an asset
- Experience resolving labour grievances and representing the organization during arbitration hearing
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience preferred
- Excellent knowledge of applicable legislation
- Undergraduate degree in business, HR or Labour Relations
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org