The Pharmacist is responsible for providing pharmacy services to customers and medical practitioners. The Pharmacist will play a key role in achieving departmental excellence in the areas of patient focused care, customer service, workflow efficiencies, and PROfile programs. The Pharmacist will also provide guidance and supervision to Pharmacy students and Pharmacy Assistants and will ensure that all patients are offered and receive professional clinical services. Actively contributes to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Collect relevant patient, drug and disease information
- Identification of actual and potential drug related problems
- Provide patient counselling for new therapy and determine patients understanding as to why they are taking the medication.
- Monitor medication adherence
- Initiate care plans, follow up, and document
- Focus is on clinical services (i.e; disease state mgmt., medication reviews, health risk assessments)
- Prescription safety prioritizing technical functions to Pharmacy Assistants when available.
- Tailor counselling to the needs and concerns of the patient i.e. literacy, hearing loss, privacy, etc.
- Injection Certification
- Previous experience in a retail and/or retail pharmacy setting preferred
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from a recognized institution.
- Must be a Licensed Pharmacist in the province of responsibility
- Self-directed and able to work independently to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to be a team player in a fast paced environment
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brandon, Manitoba, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com