The Fire Safety Coordinator provides leadership, direction and advice on all fire safety issues for the Hospital including: fire safety awareness training, fire hazard inspection :s, threat & risk assessments and ensure compliance with the Ontario Fire Code. The Fire Safety Coordinator will also provide response and leadership for the third-party management of the contract security personnel during emergency response events/situations.
- Promotes and manages the Hospital fire safety awareness and training program through eLearning training fire safety test and in-service presentations to ensure all staff are aware of basic fire safety procedures.
- Responsible for semi-annual maintenance and testing of specialized fire suppression system in the cafeteria.
- Ensures efficient and effective delivery of third-party contract fire services to facilitate a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors and staff.
- Conducts audits and reviews on all hospital wide emergency preparedness including emergency responses to colour codes Prepare training session and conduct hospital wide seminars related to personal safety awareness and security of staff, patients, parents, visitors and HSC physical assets
- Manages all third-party contract fire service issues and concerns.
- Provides guidance and training on how to ensure a safe/secure environment from thefts, fire intervention and dealing with violent situations.
- Provides direction, leadership and coaching to all on-site third-party security contract staff
- Advise staff of the potential or actual hazards in the workplace and the precautions that must be followed to protect their health and safety
- Provides input into establishing annual goals and objectives for the Protection & Fire Services department.
- Provides expert advice on all aspects relating to fire hazard identification
- Provides advice and guidance to all departments on all issues of fire safety to ensure compliance with the Ontario Fire Code.
- Provides guidance on fire and security regulations processes during project start up discussions.
- Organizes personnel resources to ensure security delivery and appropriate staffing levels are achieved in order to meet the day-to-day operational requirements in addition to fire watches, VIP visits, external contractor requests, foundation and CHS administration requests, special events and any other requests that require a fire & security presence.
- Oversee and conduct investigations and any subsequent reviews of all incident reports for accuracy
- Responsible for managing and coordinating the annual sprinkler/fire pump testing. Will coordinate with Plant Operations, Communications and ensure that any action items are followed up on and addressed accordingly.
- Manages the Hospital fire safety drills to create awareness and identify gaps to provide solutions to ensure appropriate response in emergency situations.
- Responsible for maintaining all protection services records and reports, including fire safety reporting systems; all annual fire inspections, training and fire hazard inspection reports
- Ensure staff comply with occupational health and safety policies, procedures and safe work practices by monitoring work behaviors/environment to protect their health and safety
- Maintain accurate and up to date records on all fire safety maintenance/service/training and annual inspections; including sprinklers (in conjunction with Plant Operations), fire alarm system, fire extinguishers and hoses, exit lights, emergency lighting, and fire doors.
Ensures appropriate security guard training, including compliance with third party contract regulations and SickKids training including OHSS,
- PS report writing, investigations procedures, MRI safety training, new hire orientation and fire safety
- Responds to fire and all other colour code emergency situations
- Ensure that staff, visitors, patients, volunteers, observers and contractors comply with all Fire Safety regulations and policies to ensure a safe environment and further to reduce potential or actual hazards.
- Ensure appropriate reporting of work-related incidents; promptly investigate these incidents and take appropriate action to prevent a reoccurrence.
- Responsible for annual maintenance and testing of heliport fire suppression system.
- Ability to deal with confidential issues and interact with people at all levels within the organization.
- Specific experience within a healthcare environment is an asset
- Certified in fire inspection courses such as nfpa (national fire prevention association) or fire engineer course is an asset
- Experience managing emergency situations and events.
- Strong knowledge of legal and investigative processes.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory/administrative experience in the fire safety related field.
- Completion of a recognized fire prevention course program or equivalent experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, self-motivated, proactive, organized and ability to prioritize to
- Maximize efficiency and service.
- Working knowledge of applicable codes and standards such as but not limited to: ontario fire code, ontario building code, national fire
- Prevention association standards
Job Category: Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Milton, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org