Website Simon Fraser University - SFU
The Human Resources Strategic Business Partner builds effective relationships and partnerships with Leaders in an assigned portfolio to strategically align the HR strategy with the individual needs of the business unit and the broader needs of the University. The role proactively supports organizational design and people practices, providing Human Resources expertise on the resources required to meet business goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or a related discipline a professional Human Resources designation (CPHR or CHRP) and eight years of related experience providing a full range of Human Resources services to a diverse client group and resolving issues in a complex, unionized environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of multiple Human Resource disciplines, including organizational design, Compensation practices, employee and union relations, equity, diversity and inclusion and performance management.
- Expert knowledge of best practices in Human Resources.
- Excellent knowledge of B.C Employment Standards Act and other applicable federal and provincial legislation.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical reasoning skills and judgment.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships and influence others with solid well-reasoned advice.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to interpret, utilize and track data for a range of ‘people’ metrics from Human Resources Management Systems (e.g.: PeopleSoft).
- Excellent organizational, strategic planning and project management skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
Company: Simon Fraser University – SFU
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Surrey, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org