Website Simon Fraser University - SFU
High school graduation and one year of post-secondary education or formal program equivalent with courses in word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications, office procedures, and bookkeeping practices. 3 years of related experience. An equivalent combination of formal education, certificate/program of study and experience is acceptable.
- Ability to provide courteous and professional student service in person, over the phone and through email.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive material with discretion.
- 55 wpm keyboarding/computer skills with high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff, faculty, and external contacts.
- Ability to use word processing, database and spreadsheet applications (e.g., FileMaker, Excel, Word) at an intermediate level.
- Ability to communicate, and have excellent knowledge of programs, policies and procedures.
- Excellent oral, written and listening skills.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse and multicultural environment in a courteous manner.
- Ability to lift up to 10 kg
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to provide effective and appropriate information and assistance to the public, faculty, staff, and students.
- Good knowledge of bookkeeping principles.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize work load.
- Ability to use enterprise-level information systems (e.g., SERA, SIMS) at an intermediate level.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
- Flexibility to work evenings and Saturdays, as required.
- Ability to process cash, credit and debit transactions with a high degree of accuracy.
Company: Simon Fraser University – SFU
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org