Website Rio Tinto
We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer (Power Systems) to design and implement sustainable electrical power distribution projects as an integral part of the engineering team.
- Oversee the engineering design and commissioning of industrial electrical power systems.
- Reviews design deliverables and develops engineering scope of work document
- Performs electrical power system studies, protection and control systems design and settings.
- Lead capital projects development including feasibility studies, project scope definitions, capital cost estimates, preliminary and detailed engineering designs.
- Leads trouble shooting of electrical power distribution systems and equipment
- Determines appropriate design deliverables based on project complexity
- Application, design, configuration, and commissioning of electrical equipment
- Improves and upgrades existing assets and applies complex problem-solving techniques;
- Strong knowledge of electrical principles, low and medium voltage distribution design, and protection & relaying design. 600 Volts, 4160 Volts, 12kV, 46kV distribution systems
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant design experience;
- Preferably experience working at an engineering firm
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering – Electrical, Power Systems background;
- P.Eng. Designation
- Performs calculations and studies in load flow, short circuit, motor starting, protection relay settings, electrical coordination, grounding, equipment sizing, arc flash ratings.
Company: Rio Tinto
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Quebec City, Quebec, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com