Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.We are looking for a Performance Test Engineer to join our Authentication Services team in Scotia Digital to help us scale and project the next gen Customer Authentication Services for Scotiabank. This is an exciting opportunity to start with us on a challenging journey building and testing a critical new Digital Identity platform for the bank.
- Conduct system performance testing to ensure system reliability, serviceability, capability, and scalability.
- Participate in all aspects of a SDLC (Requirements, Analysis, Design, Code, Test, Production deployment and support).
- Execute POC and develop new testing methods and explore new performance tools that could be aligned with a more lean and automated process.
- Work within a collaborative environment with Developers, QAs, and BAs on troubleshooting and finding fixes for potential bugs.
- Analyze root cause of performance issues, and suggest corrective actions, and alternatives.
- Partner with Development and Engineer, Architecture and Product Engineers teams to manage the Testing work stream deliverables.
- Work with performance monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, Splunk, AQA
- Facilitate problem solving on a day-to-day basis as required.
- Operates independently day to day.
- Work with QA, Developers and BAs to develop test plans, tests cases, and exit criteria.
- Accountable for prioritizing tasks and delivering on all assigned work. Ensure deliverables are in-scope, on-time and of high quality.
- Thorough analysis of performance tests results, identify bottlenecks, memory leaks or performance degradations.
- Write technical reports or documentation such as deviation reports, testing protocols, and trend analyses
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to build partnerships, create a shared vision and commitment for transformation.
- Provide daily/weekly performance testing status, and generate status reports for upper management review
- Must Possess a good knowledge on Virtualization on Cloud applications.
- Must have excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with detailed oriented approach to project testing.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication capabilities, demonstrated from both technical and business perspectives.
- Understands & appreciates the need for early performance testing & feels conversant to work in agile environment running continuous integration performance testing on CI/CD environment like Jenkins etc. Good knowledge in developing strategies for assuring web / mobile application performance throughout SDLC phase.
- Possess experience on formulating KPIs and preparing different performance tests with different TPS loads and duration length
- Possess technical working knowledge of service visualization tool(s)
- Must be reliable, pro-active, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
- Banking/Financial Services’ working experience would be an asset.
- Strong knowledge and demonstrable experience of common IT organizational technology and processes.
- Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure.
- Ideally possess demonstrated examples of work around transformation & driving efficiencies.
- Possess technical working knowledge of DevOps Pipeline, Agile, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of SDLC methodology, procedures, approvals, and standards.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Must have a technical working experience with Performance testing (hands on scripting and building test suites).
- Exceptional planning and analytical skills, ability to focus on the critical issues
- Must have a technical working experience and good knowledge with Performance testing tools (LoadRunner, Jmeter, LoadTest, BlazeMeter)
- Possess well developed leadership ability, as well as coaching, and training experiences.
- Must be able to think conceptually out-of-the-box.
- Familiarity with DB administration, plus inserting data & making updates in a database, identifying locks and proving suggestions.
- Self-motivated; work both independently and collaboratively with multi-functional teams;
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, challenging and dynamic business environment.
- Good experience in using profiling tools like jprofiler, including GC/JVM analysis and heap/thread dump analysis and log analysis tools like Splunk.
- Driven and results oriented.
- Possess good knowledge about system architecture layers / technology stack & uses Application Performance Management (APM) tools like Dynatrace Manage, AppDynamics etc to identify system performance bottlenecks & scalability issues.
Job Category: Scotiabank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org