Website National Research Council Canada
The Executive Director will be a seasoned security practitioner, assuming the lead role of the National Research Council’s Security Branch which includes appointment as the Chief Security Office in accordance with the Policy on Government of Canada Security. It will represent NRC on government of Canada security committees, and will be the liaison with security executives of the Treasury Board Secretariat and the Privy Council Office. The Security Branch is responsible for safeguarding the NRC’s essential resources: its people, information and assets.
- Extensive and recent experience in providing briefings, strategic advice and recommendations on complex issues related to safety, security, emergency management, etc. to senior level executives including Presidents, Vice Presidents and/or other equivalent positions in the public or private sectors.
- Experience working in policy or programs relating to public safety (e.g., emergency management, national security, critical infrastructure, cyber security, crime prevention, community safety, corrections, policing).
- Experience working within the policing, military or cyber security milieu may be considered an asset.
- Significant experience interacting with multiple internal and external senior level partners such as federal lead and central agencies (PCO. TBS, CSIS, RCMP, SSC, and CSE ).
- Significant leadership experience, addressing multi-faceted security issues across an organization, including those touching on the cyber domain
Significant experience defining the strategic direction of a security organization.
- University degree from a recognized university.
- Significant experience leading a departmental security program in a large organization* and within a complex environment.
Company: National Research Council Canada
Job Category: Government Job
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com