We are seeking Sr Data Scientists for a range of teams within Data Science and Engineering. From owning experimentation within the Open Connect network, building sophisticated tools on a world-class experimentation platform to provide seamless quality of experience, driving Growth and Membership of Netflix Platform, to unlocking the power of data in highly creative editorial creative space, evaluating the performance and optimizing personalization algorithms to deliver recommendations or building sophisticated experimentation tools – we have a few areas within which we are seeking Data Scientists driven by curiosity and passionate about working with a range of stakeholders. As a Data Scientist, you will be partnering with a diverse range of cross-functional business partners to uncover new opportunities, design, execute, and analyze experiments, and deliver solutions that have significant business impact and implications for our users. You will help drive innovations through effective identification and application of analytics, causal inference, experimentation and machine learning. This is a high-impact role in which you will have direct influence on how product decisions are made.
- Effectively identify and apply analytics, causal inference, experimentation, and machine learning techniques for given business problems
- Identify, compute and validate the appropriate metrics to measure success in a product area
- Lead the design, analysis, and interpretation of experiments
- Present your research and insights to all levels of the company
- Cultivate strong partnership with cross-functional stakeholders from product, engineering, operations, design, consumer research, etc.
- Proactively perform data exploration on engagement behaviors to discover future opportunities
- Experience creating data products and dashboards such as Tableau
- Familiarity with software engineering practice and working with APIs
- Strong SQL skills
- Ability to communicate technical and statistical concepts clearly and concisely among audiences at many different levels.
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Economics or related quantitative field
- Strong statistical knowledge and intuition – ideally utilized in experimentation or other product analytics settings
- Embodies the Netflix values while bringing a new perspective to continue improving our culture
- Experience in building causal inference solutions
- Strong Quantitative Programming skills in Python or R
- 5+ years relevant experience with large scale data
- Ability to work independently and drive your own projects
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and drive product change across a variety of stakeholders
- Strong product knowledge and intuition – ideally utilized in consumer/user interface settings or internally serving technical audiences such as engineers.
- Experience in building real world machine learning models with demonstrated impact
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kamloops, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com