Support pharmacists operationally in providing dispensary and pharmacy services and achieving Company initiatives. The Pharmacy Assistant will receive direction from the pharmacist on duty and Pharmacy Manager in working towards achievement of goals and objectives while adhering to both Company operating standards and Ontario College of Pharmacists’ standards of practice.
- Performs all aspects of the technical act of dispensing.
- Receives prescription refill requests and verbal prescriptions in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Establishes and maintains patient profiles, and scans and files patient records.
- Contacts prescribers for various functions.
- Answers phones and checks IVR voicemail messages.
- Provides customer assistance with merchandise on the sales floor and at the cash register.
- Checks emails and responds accordingly.
- Receives orders and ensures product received matches invoices and is received in good condition, and then is stored/put away appropriately.
- Performs inventory-related tasks.
- Education – Pharmacy Assistant Program
- Experience – Minimum of 2 years in retail pharmacy.
- Proficient with current PC systems, MS Office programs and pharmacy software (Kroll).
- Interpersonal skills to build strong working relationships and positive work environment.
- Language skills to communicate clearly and listen carefully in a respectful manner.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org