Website Manitoba Hydro
Provide service and guidance to staff within Construction Division, with regards to SAP, contracts, preparation and processing
of journal entries, adjustments and corrections to accounts as required.
- Prepare and release Service Entries, Goods Receipts and Cheque Requisitions as required to facilitate payment of invoices
- Recommends and initiates improvements to business unit processes and procedures as they relate to invoice processing
- Prepare and/or conduct analysis of purchase orders, requisitions, change orders, and extra work orders. Verify that the work
- Audit and/or prepare Invoices, complex Progress Statements and Miscellaneous Billing Requests. Analyze backup and verify
- Make direct contact with the Purchasing Department, Accounts Payable Section, consultants and suppliers to expedite
that payment claims are valid and in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of payment, ensuring proper account
solutions to problems.
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external customer inquiries with respect to contract payment claims, back-up
- Establish holdbacks to reflect liabilities as required, and audit and monitor invoice, progress statement and cheque requisition
- Payments to Accounts Payable Section register, to ensure supplier cheque receipt. Directly communicate with Accounts
settlement. Identify concerns to Supervisor and/or Section Heads/Project Managers for resolution.
- Payable Section to resolve and expedite issues that arise.
- Two year Diploma Majoring in Accounting plus two years’ directly related experience of which one must be in a construction project related role
- Demonstrated team player exhibiting a high degree of positive morale and flexibility, as well as the ability to work with a minimum supervision.
- Certificate in Accounting plus three years’ directly related experience of which two must be in a construction project related role construction project related role.
- Ability to organize high volume work flow under varying levels of activity and conditions.
- Work experience in a construction environment and general knowledge of project management systems and principles is
- Demonstrated good working knowledge of the SAP – MM and PS modules, possess strong software skills in all Microsoft
applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Four year Degree Majoring in Accounting plus less than one year directly related experience of which must be in a
- Good working knowledge of principles, techniques and procedures of accounting.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, investigate and analyze problems and opportunities and devise operative solutions for complex work situations, including recommending changes to existing systems.
Company: Manitoba Hydro
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org