Website Insurance Corporation of British Columbia
As a Technical Support Specialist within the TOC team, you will provide support for ICBC#s computing platforms: monitoring system queues, responding to system, capacity and performance issues, ensuring systems, databases, and transactions are up and functioning as per Service Level Agreements.
- Preparing support documentation.
- Responding to system alerts and performing advanced troubleshooting with a focus to minimize the need for escalating to Platform teams
- Working with complex distributed systems and technologies and related infrastructure components and drawing on your deep technical expertise and understanding of integration points and dependencies to troubleshoot and resolve non-standard or unique issues, often without procedures and documentation.
- Coordinate system recovery, escalation and maintain incident logs during high impact system outages
- To make an immediate contribution to the team, you will bring demonstrated experience:
- Utilizing privileged access to make configuration changes and implement system upgrades, system settings and parameters. This critical activity must execute flawlessly and not impact systems availability, data integrity and customer experience.
- Providing support and maintenance for Infrastructure systems (Servers, Mainframe, Network, Storage, Desktops, Database,) including making system changes; restarting services and applying software patches, updates and fixes; applying regular security patches; and performing network switch/router configuration, operating system upgrades, and software enhancements
- Triage critical alerts and diagnosing complex issues using dashboards and monitoring tools such as Splunk, AKIPS, Nagios, SCOM and Riverbed APM tools.
- Building strong working relationships, understanding sources of expertise, and collaborating effectively to resolve complex issues.
- Your experience is supported with post-secondary education in a computer related field, and a passion for getting to the root and resolving technical problems.
- You will have an intermediate level of experience trouble shooting infrastructure systems issues in a sizeable computer operations environment.
Company: Insurance Corporation of British Columbia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com