Website Humber River Hospital
We are currently seeking a Temporary Full Time Finance Clerk – Accounts Payable to join our Finance team. This individual will process payments made by the Hospital and deal with all hospital vendors on payment and invoice issues.
- Maintain cheque security at all times.
- Maintain an effective and professional working relationship with peers and other hospital staff. Respond to queries in a timely manner.
- Work with other team members to coordinate responsibilities, and prioritize tasks, ensuring all-important deadlines are met.
- Checks the accuracy of invoices including extensions and taxes.
- Provides excellent customer, internal and external stakeholders, using appropriate communication methods to respond in a timely, helpful, and courteous manner.
- Manage invoices and payments for assigned vendors.
- Follow hospital policy for requisitions and invoices without a purchase order.
- Perform all accounting functions related to Accounts payable on a timely basis.
- Enters all invoices with a purchase order into the system on a timely basis and matches to appropriate purchase order and purchase order line.
- Cover other Finance clerk tasks as per operational requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensures timely resolution of any discrepancies encountered in processing and matching purchase orders, receiving documents and invoices through the Meditech integrated MM/AP system. Liaise with buyers and receiving staff to clear discrepancies and resolve problems when processing invoices.
- Process EFT/Cheque payment run for mid month and month end as assigned following hospital policy and procedures including filing backup for each payment.
- Opens, sorts and distributes Accounts Payable mail to the appropriate staff member
- Ensure that invoices are processed within payment terms established, particularly if discounts are available.
- Participates in month and year end including preparing journal entries according to schedule
- Generating accounting reports
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required
- At least 2 years of recent work experience
- Excellent communications skills both oral and written
- Detail oriented
- Ability to interact successfully with other staff; work independently; prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Outlook and Word preferred
- Mathematical aptitude
- Working knowledge of accounting – including principles and best practice, bookkeeping
- data entry, management and generating reports using MS Excel
- College Diploma or degree in a recognized Accounting program.
- Good knowledge of Meditech with focus on AP system preferred
Company: Humber River Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com