Website Humber River Hospital
We are currently seeking a Switchboard Operator to join our Telecommunications Department. This individual will process a high volume of incoming and outgoing calls, including assisting with patient inquiries and paging of support staff and/or Physicians.
- Provide batteries for Physicians, and signing out of spare pagers.
- Process and assist on outgoing calls and page all support staff and /or Physicians as required.
- Assist with orientation and training of new telecommunication staff.
- Locate physicians and on-call staff for multiple departments and ensure on-call staff is contacted as quickly and as efficiently as possible within individual program protocol.
- Process very high volume of incoming and outgoing calls including assistance with patient inquiry quickly and as efficiently as possible.
- Good keyboarding skills, with minimum typing speed of 40 WPM. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Meditech experience an asset.
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
- Previous experience on Avaya phone system and console in a health care / hospital environment
- Demonstrated customer service and telephone skills required, one year experience preferred.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Knowledge of a second language an asset.
- A positive attendance record required
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Good organizational and problem solving skills required, including the ability to multi-task and prioritize a varied and busy workload with frequent interruptions and emergency situations.
- Knowledge of PETALMD software.
- Knowledgeable and compliant of new privacy legislation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
Company: Humber River Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com