Website Home Hardware Stores Limited
Join our fantastic HR team as a Leaves and Accommodation Manager at our Dealer Support Centre in St. Jacobs, Ontario. In this critical role you will be responsible for managing Home Hardware’s leaves and disability-related programs, ensuring that practices comply with legislation. In addition, you will oversee the daily operations of the Disability Management Team. As a subject matter expert, you will ensure accurate and timely leave administration services and a highly responsive level of customer service, while promoting awareness and coaching leaders in the consistent and effective application of the Disability Management program.
- Provide guidance with training programs for supervisory Team Members regarding their role in facilitating effective claims management.
- Oversee the management of claims, ensuring policies and practices are adhered to and in compliance with corporate policies and procedures, legislation, and other related laws.
- Lead a team of Disability Management Specialists to oversee the management of occupational and non-occupational programs, including return-to-work and stay-at-work /accommodation processes.
- Plan, develop, implement, and administer comprehensive compliance of all leave programs.
- Analyze and monitor performance and trends on absenteeism, injury/illness (occupational and non-occupational), Disability Programs and the return-to-work/accommodation processes.
- Develop, generate, and present reports to the Director for analysis and trending insights; offer insights and recommendations.
- Monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of leaves and stay at work programs, including absence management processes, procedures, systems, and tools; influence and make recommendations for continuous improvement; develop synergies and collaborate with Home Hardware Distribution
- Centers across Canada to ensure integration and consistency of processes and procedures.
- Subject matter expert to advise Team Members, Leaders, and Human Resources on leave of absence policies, guidelines and legislation including impact to company benefits.
- Collaborate with Third Party Administrators on processes, exchange of information, and program development efficiencies.
- College or University degree in a health-related field e.g., Disability Management Specialist (CDMP), Certified Return to Work Coordinator (CRTWC), would be considered an asset.
- Proven time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments within demanding work schedules; able to work additional hours as required.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills. Proven ability to exercise judgment, tact, and discretion in preparing, disclosing, and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Ontario Human Rights Code, its practices, and procedures (including the duty to accommodate), Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), Workplace
- Safety and Insurance Act (WSIA) and Employment Standards Act (ESA).
- 3 to 5 years of Disability Claims experience, along with a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a leadership role.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills to solution targeted, proactive plans.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills demonstrating the highest of professional standards. Strong relationship building skills to partner effectively with all stakeholders.
- Knowledge of MS Office with intermediate knowledge of Excel.
Company: Home Hardware Stores Limited
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brampton, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org