A Station Chef with Hilton Mississauga Meadowvale manages food preparation in a section to provide the hotel with a large variety of food items meeting the needs for outlets and Banquet production areas.
- Prevents over production and waste.
- Conducts checks to ensure mise en place is fresh, dated and stored appropriately.
- Plans and co-ordinates activate and assist in the development of short and long term goals set by executive Chef.
- Assist the culinary team as required
- Anticipates and prepares for any menu request.
- Maintain station inventory levels and report shortage of prep requirements for station changes team.
- Develops daily specials and assists with new menu items for outlets and banquets.
- Ensures operational safety of kitchen equipment and monitors compliance with hygiene
- Leads and directs, expedites and participates in food preparation in assigned areas for Restaurant and Banquet production in accordance with the standards of quality, quantity, taste and presentation.
- Assigns and supervises the work of Team Members in a section, trains culinary members and apprentices in all areas of their outlet or section.
- Daily inspections of all food items for his or her station.
- Supervises, expedites and participates in food preparation in assigned areas for Restaurant and Banquet production in accordance with the standards of quality, quantity, taste and presentation.
- Certified Food Handler
- Good understanding of classical & modern cuisine, banquet production & current culinary trends
- Canadian Certificate of Qualification (Red Seal) or equivalent required
- 3 years progressive experience, 1 year as a Station Chef or equivalent experience.
- Up to date culinary, cooking, and people skills
- A degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent
- Knowledge and/or experience in basic pastry and baking production.
- Flexible availability to work, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Apprenticeship or completed culinary program at a hotel school or college
- Valid Food Handler Certification required
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com