Website Government of Alberta
The Government of Alberta, Municipal Affairs, Community and Technical Support Division is currently looking for a Regional Technical Advisor to join their team. If you are looking for a challenging and exciting opportunity, look no further and apply now!
Reporting to the Fire Commissioner, the Regional Technical Advisor is responsible for providing technical, operational and administrative advice, evaluation and support on all aspects of fire protection and fire services including the fire suppression, investigation/inspections, training and evaluation, as well as risk assessments.
The incumbent will be responsible for the development of administrative and operational tools to meet legislated requirements and industry standards. They will also be responsible for building capacity in multiple areas related to inspections and investigations, providing technical advice and guidance to municipalities, agencies, industry and the general public, a liaison to municipal and industrial fire services, provincial response to emergencies, advising on operating and training standards and working with other provincial and federal ministries.
- Conduct inspections, investigations and post incident analyses
- Provide technical advice and guidance to a diverse range of stakeholders regarding fire code compliance, risk assessments, governance models, service agreements, etc.
- Participate in Special Projects and provide leadership as needed
- Monitor and provide Quality Assurance of the provincial fire and Search and Rescue (SAR) Safety System
- Certification to the National Fire Protection Association’s Standard for Professional Qualifications for Fire Inspector/Plan Examiner #1031 Level 2 as well as Fire Investigator 1033 considered a strong asset
- Class 5 Driver’s License is required
- Five years progressively responsible experience as a Fire Fighter or SAR Member, Fire Officer or Search Manager as well as a minimum of two years demonstrated experience conducting fire inspections and investigations
- Completion of a recognized fire training program is required; Search and Rescue (SAR) Training considered an asset
Company: Government of Alberta
Job Category: Cities And States
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com