Website Government of Alberta
As a Crown Prosecutor, you will help deliver justice through fearless, fair and effective prosecutions. The daily responsibilities of Crown Prosecutors encompass a multitude of duties, such as: bail, charge screening, early case resolution, alternative measures, whether to proceed to trial or discontinue a prosecution, conduct of all prosecutions, entering a stay of proceedings, withdrawing charges, plea resolution, provision of disclosure, electing to proceed summarily or by indictment, taking a position on sentence, drafting legal opinions/briefings, dealing with victims, witnesses and police, and launching appeals.
- Adapting approach as required to achieve intended outcomes
- Analyzing situations fully to make informed decisions
- Drafting legal opinions/briefings and court documents professionally and appropriately
- Prioritizing actions/cases effectively to respond to numerous challenges and demands
- Working effectively with stakeholders of the justice system
- Independent decision making
- A Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) or Juris Doctor (JD), active member or eligible for full membership with the Law Society of Alberta and related legal experience is required.
Company: Government of Alberta
Job Category: Cities And States
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com