Website Government of Alberta
This would be your opportunity to use your excellent investigative and interpersonal skills. The role is responsible for conducting investigations into sudden and/or unexplained deaths to assist in the determination of cause and manner of death. Investigator teams are required to be available on a 24/7/365 basis to serve the needs of the province. Shift work is mandatory in this setting.
- Coordinating death scene processing through guidance of police officers and arranging for body removal and transportation services as required.
- Conducting investigations into sudden or unexplained deaths to assist determining cause and manner of death by providing accurate information to OCME medical examiners and acting as an information relay for next of kin and interested parties.
- Attending the scene of death if required; this involves examining and photographing the body and scene and coordinating with police and emergency services, along with speaking to next of kin (NOK).
- Assisting medical doctors across the province in completion of death certificates, triaging case work and potentially refusing case referrals independently in accordance with the Fatality Inquiries Act.
- Case management of files; which includes, researching, collecting and documenting medical, circumstantial and death scene information regarding the deceased and providing it to the attending Medical Examiner.
- Assisting OCME medical examiners with the process of identification of decedents through liaising with stakeholders accordingly.
- Knowledge of Fatality Inquiries Act, Vital Statistics Act, and Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and with the ability to prioritize the workload appropriately.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong medical knowledge and terminology
- Strong team player with high emotional intelligence
- Process driven with an ability to embrace change in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Exceptional analysis and problem solving skills.
Company: Government of Alberta
Job Category: Cities And States
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com