Website Global Affairs Canada
The Data Science team (SICY) is looking for a Senior Data Scientist at the EC-05 level to join its dynamic and growing team. Focused on experimentation, teamwork and collaboration, we are recognized for our innovative, data-driven approach in assisting programs who have specialized analytics needs or have specific questions that cannot be answered through traditional analytics. The Senior Data Scientist will support the organization’s business lines with insights gained from analyzing internal/external and qualitative/quantitative data sets using data science tools and methodologies. The work requires knowledge of data science and its lifecycle, including data capture, data extraction, warehousing, cleansing, processing, mining, predictive analytics, modeling, reporting, visualization and business intelligence.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational database principles.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical methodologies and techniques and their application (e.g., time series analysis, decision trees and classification models).
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and synthesize complex issues or problems and formulate recommendations for management.
- Knowledge of data collection methodologies (e.g., sampling) and techniques and their implementation (e.g., web-scraping, interaction with APIs).
- Graduation with a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with acceptable specialization in economics, sociology or statistics.
Company: Global Affairs Canada
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com