The Senior Software Developer will be part of a team who builds a state of the art telematics platform that makes sense of the data collected by OEM manufacturers
- Participate in development of prototypes and proofs of concept.
- Provide assistance to our support staff and resellers from a technical perspective. This may be in the form of on-call or ad-hoc questions relating to how certain features work or verifying the behaviour by reviewing code.
- Define, listen and contribute to design discussions and make detailed notes and documenting requirements and technical design.
- Analyze call stacks, trace files, performance data to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of bugs.
- Participate in a 24×7 on-call rotating schedule (if applicable).
- Write quality, in-depth software in a variety of programming languages and environments.
- Research new language features, frameworks and other relevant technologies and offer recommendations.
- Assist in defining best practices to be used in the team.
- Perform quality assurance by doing peer review, ensuring coding standards are followed, looking for logic errors and other bugs.
- Experience with SQL database design, optimization and writing queries.
- Working knowledge with Git and Jira is preferred.
- Working knowledge of web services including REST and MVC.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience of coding at a high competency, enterprise level with low tolerance to error.
- Experience with solutions architecture and systems design.
- Solid understanding of object-orientated or functional programming in C#.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakville, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com