Under the guidance and direction of a Journeyman Electrician, Communication, Protection & Control (“CP&C”) Technologist and his/her supervisor, the CP&C Technologist Apprentice is responsible for the conduct of installation, maintenance and repairs on all telecommunication, electrical apparatus and equipment to ensure safe and efficient power system operation.
- Enroll in a four-year electrician apprenticeship program and become a journeyman electrician.
- Conduct emergent, investigative and scheduled tests on generation, transmission and electrical distribution system electrical apparatus and equipment, cables, metering, telecommunications and protective relaying facilities by coordinating line and equipment clearances.
- Carry out specialized tests required to analyze and assess inherent faults or conditions including power quality and radio or television frequency interference.
- Compile and record test data on telecommunications, relay characteristic tests and other associated electrical equipment.
- Install, test and commission a wide range of generation, substation and terminal station communication and protective schemes.
- Diploma in Electrical, Electronics or Instrumentation Technology.
- Class 5 Driver’s License.
- On-Call requirements: This role has on-call requirements based on operational needs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Delta, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org