Receive, redirect and respond to departmental calls; act as receptionist for the department by greeting and directing visitors. Review incoming correspondence and handles when appropriate, and/or redirects to appropriate personnel for action; prepare outgoing mail.
- Assist in the tracking of department expenses as well as revenues and expenses generated from initiatives. Code documents such as visa statements and invoices ensuring all charge work orders and/or account numbers are correct for management approval; create and process personal and department expense claims.
- Assist with the timely preparation of data to feed the billing processes; review billing information for consistency and accuracy; prepare operating and capital budgets; generate budget system reports, variance reviews, maintain cost trend data; make arrangements for purchase of capital and operating equipment and/or repairs and maintenance to office equipment and vehicles; determine requirements, obtain quotes from suppliers, compare price and quality, complete and issue purchase requisition/s in accordance with manager approval. Review, code and process invoices, expenses.
- Plan events such as communication sessions, workshops and forums; research and book venue, plan room set up, organize and book catering and plan menu; plan agendas and book appropriate speakers based on general topic ideas.
- High school graduation including post-secondary courses in office administration and Microsoft Office products, plus completion of post-secondary accounting courses and two (2) years directly related experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Live Meeting) as well as other software in use in the department such as Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro, SAP, GIS, File Net and AM/FM.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kelowna, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org