Website Food Basics
Support pharmacists operationally in providing dispensary and pharmacy services and achieving Company initiatives. The Pharmacy Assistant will receive direction from the pharmacist on duty and Pharmacy Manager in working towards achievement of goals and objectives while adhering to both Company operating standards and Ontario College of Pharmacists’ standards of practice.
- Maintains store standards and conditions and may be assigned to clean dispensary, sweep floor, and clean shelves as required.
- Contacts prescribers for various functions.
- Establishes and maintains patient profiles, and scans and files patient records.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager or Pharmacist.
- Performs all aspects of the technical act of dispensing.
- Checks emails and responds accordingly.
- Performs inventory-related tasks.
- Enters and reconciles invoices/credits and maintains shrink logs.
- Answers phones and checks IVR voicemail messages.
- Utilizes wholesaler websites for various functions.
- Receives orders and ensures product received matches invoices and is received in good condition, and then is stored/put away appropriately.
- Assists with dispensary paper work as directed.
- Follows all applicable Company policies and procedures, Government regulations, Health and Safety and Food Safety regulations.
- Receives prescription refill requests and verbal prescriptions in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Provides customer assistance with merchandise on the sales floor and at the cash register.
- Receptive to constructive feedback for continuous improvement
- Language skills to communicate clearly and listen carefully in a respectful manner.
- Customer service skills to achieve customer satisfaction by recognizing customer needs/wants.
- Interpersonal skills to build strong working relationships and positive work environment.
- Proficient with current PC systems, MS Office programs and pharmacy software (Kroll).
- Organizational skills to prioritize, plan ahead, manage time and be punctual.
- Experience is an asset
- Pharmacy Assistant Program is an asset
- Initiative to identify and complete tasks independently.
Company: Food Basics
Job Category: Supermarket
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hamilton, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org