As the successful Senior Manager, you use your knowledge and expertise to influence positive change and to drive business strategy into action. Your decision making skills and judgement assist you in delivering Corporate Accounting’s deliverables and goals. You naturally collaborate with others and comfortably navigate working with diverse groups of stakeholders and peers. You keep your eye on improvement activities and listen to and engage your team in supporting this approach. You lead by example, coach and involve your employees for your team’s success.
- Creating, coaching and leading a strong team of managers of front line employees and providing appropriate context and job level deliverables with performance expectations.
- Ensuring the delivery of optimal results, while establishing, monitoring, measuring and reporting performance metrics. Analyzing and identifying issues impacting operational performance followed by establishing initiatives for continuous improvement
- Planning and delivering the Corporate Services sections of Regulatory Applications for all jurisdictions.
- Planning, executing and reporting the accounting and performance metric results of EPCOR’s short term (STIP) and mid term incentive (MTIP) programs. Collaborating with HR, Senior Leadership and Regulatory groups in order to ensure consistency of presented information, to provide strategic analysis on projected results and impacts of changes in plan design. Applying professional judgement throughout the process to ensure consistency, fairness and transparency with incentive policies.
- Corporate Accounting: timely and accurate reporting and reconciliation of accounts; and, delivery of regulatory sections, including financial information supporting the corporate sections, within agreed timelines and with minimized cost disallowances.
- Accounts Payable: timely and accurate vendor payments, maximize benefits of automation.
- Developing and implementing targets and goals in alignment with the Corporate Finance business plan.
- Ensuring that EPCOR’s accounts payable, shared services, treasury and Encor accounting services are fulfilled on an accurate, complete and timely basis.
- Ensuring significant financial accounting policies and controls are adequately developed and properly and consistently applied throughout the Corporate Accounting department. Additionally, leading the development and maintenance of accounts payable policies through interaction with HR, Tax and Treasury.
- Strategically planning and delivering the Corporate element of the budget, forecast and long term plan (including shared service costs, corporate allocations, consolidated financing and the Encor plan) working with the SSU, Encor and Treasury teams to identify key drivers of change impacting the business over the budget and long term plan periods.
- Providing input to the Corporate Finance plans and directions, ensure an appropriate understanding of the EUI and Corporate Finance strategy throughout Corporate Accounting to ensure alignment and appropriate relationships between the management in Corporate Finance, and in the rest of EUI.
- Shared Services Accounting: positive customer satisfaction.
- Acting as a trusted partner to the Treasury group by working with them to develop appropriate accounting and reporting (including internal control mechanisms over financial reporting) for new instruments.
- 10+ years of related experience, including experience managing accounting professionals is required
- Effective business partner, providing financial advice that supports quality business decisions
- Assess opportunities for process improvement and implement accordingly
- General understanding of Oracle and Adaptive system functionality
- Professional Accounting designation required
- A Diploma or Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting is required
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lethbridge, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com