This is an independent role with the chance to lead your own work in the field while also contributing to a larger team with other Technicians across the region.
- Maintain the control of distribution system pressures through each season particularly through distribution emergencies and extreme winter conditions. Liaise with
- Distribution Planning/Network Analysis and Gas Control Departments to co-ordinate and maintain the required distribution system pressures.
- Perform the installation, calibration, monitoring and repair of specialized measurement equipment at Custody Transfer and selected Sales stations, as required. Ensure that the installation meets both Measurement Canada and Company specifications.
- Responsible for continued safe and reliable supply of gas to customers by maintaining pressures and flows at levels authorized by District Management and Gas Control.
- This includes a 24/7 on-call rotation with some occasional overtime.
- Support TSSA investigations and Integrity & Major Project work (e.g. pigging, construction).
- Maintain and support station records and drawings via records correction requests or construction.
- As a team member, ensure own and other team member’s compliance to EH&S policies and procedures.
- Provide input to Asset Plan and Engineering on station designs and upgrades, including equipment selection, keeping in mind capital costs, maintenance costs and operability.
- Be responsible for, coordinating and providing communication around odourant deliveries in the region.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve all problems or malfunctions with stations and pressure regulation equipment, including recommending appropriate upgrades.
- Commission, set-up and test new installations. Provide regular inspections on existing systems.
- Digital literacy and computer proficiency is required.
- Experience in field operations with electrical and mechanical equipment knowledge will be considered as an asset.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- G2 Gas Filter license or higher is desired.
- Related university degree and 4+ years’ experience OR 6+ years of previous field operations experience. An equivalent mix of formal education and experience may be considered.
- Analytical thinking and strong organizational skills are required to ensure tasks are completed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Strong technical, mechanical and hands-on skills as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greater Sudbury, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org