Website Fisheries and Oceans Canada
DFO is seeking to recruit enthusiastic individuals to join its team of staff dedicated to the delivery of Federal policy, program and regulatory responsibilities in accordance with the Fisheries Act, Species at Risk Act and Oceans Act with the goal of ensuring healthy, safe and prosperous fisheries and oceans for the benefit of current and future generations of Canadians.
- Provide advice to managers and team leads to develop and deliver GIS services to better serve decision makers and communicate to Indigenous Groups, Wildlife Management Boards, stakeholders, and the public.
- Standardize operations for workflows, service delivery and data stewardship
- Lead innovative GIS activities and creation of spatial tools to advance the conservation and protection of aquatic species at risk
- Engage with other DFO GIS teams to build a departmental GIS community regionally and nationally.
- Encourage development of GIS capacity through recruitment, promotion of continued learning
- Analyze, prioritize, and respond to data and mapping requests
- Undertake work planning in coordination with team and DFO Program Managers
- Experience with geodatabase development
- Experience providing strategic technical advice on applying Geographic Information Systems (GIS)-based solutions or concepts
- Experience in analyzing and mapping ecosystem data
- Experience working with recent versions ESRI ArcGIS Desktop (10.x) or ArcGIS Pro
- Graduation with a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution, with acceptable specialization in physics, geology, chemistry or some other science relevant to the position
- Experience in preparing reports or guidance documents
Company: Fisheries and Oceans Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org