Website Costco Wholesale Canada
Drives commercial truck with air brakes and hydraulic lift to deliver merchandise to members’ places of business. Unloads orders from truck, collects payments, issues return credits and completes paperwork.
- Conducts safety inspection of delivery truck.
- Visually inspects pallets in truck to ensure correct number loaded, and that any cooler or frozen items are included.
- Uses pallet straps when necessary.
- Collects driver route sheet, truck assignment, driver manifest, member invoices, audit notes, resale cards, mobile phone and map book.
- Verifies and confirms with members all items and item quantities delivered.
- Checks with member for approval of any
- substitutions made. Obtains appropriate signatures and payments from members.
- Drives delivery truck.
- Reviews invoices to locate merchandise to be delivered.
- Cuts shrink wrap from pallets and removes merchandise from truck with manual pallet jack or by loading onto hand truck/dolly and lowering on hydraulic lift.
- Obeys all traffic laws (as set forth by municipal, provincial and federal governments).
- Commercial driving and delivery experience preferred.
- Valid class 3 licence with air brake (F) endorsement required.
- Business Centre experience preferred.
- Costco Food Safety Certification – Level 1 required.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Valid class D licence with air brake (Z) endorsement required.
- Safe, responsible, predictable, courteous and defensive driving with an awareness of traffic laws and safe driving practices is required.
- Familiarity with delivery area preferred.
- Map-reading ability required.
Company: Costco Wholesale Canada
Job Category: Supermarket Jobs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com