Website Concordia University
In this course, students will learn the development and operation of computer networks covering data communication and network information. Then it moves onto communication architectures and protocol layering to prepare the ground for computer networking software, services and protocols. This course is supported by lab work, which includes computer networks. It uses tools such as network simulation software giving students the ability to model and simulate appropriate computer networks.
- Explain and critically evaluate layered protocols (including OSI and TCP/IP), LAN and WAN standards, hardware and software components.
- Critically compare and evaluate LAN and WAN technology and architectures.
- Explain how networking components work and how they can be put together to implement a system.
- Design, implement and investigate networks using appropriate simulation software, internetworking tools and technology in multi-protocol environments.
- BA/MA in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 5 years relevant work experience, or equivalent and 3 years relevant teaching experience or equivalent
- Experience with network simulation tools such as GNS3 and designing and installing network infrastructure.
Company: Concordia University
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Montreal, Quebec, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org