Website Canadian National Railway
The Expert project manager will possess the authority to manage end-to-end planning and delivery of multiple parallel projects within the Operational Technology program office. The candidate oversees all aspects of projects, sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, monitors and summarizes progress of the project, builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects. Additionally, the project manager prepares reports for upper management regarding status of the projects and verifies that the project portfolio achieves the potential benefits defined in the projects business case. The project manager will actively participate in the deployment of projects governance, standards & best practices. Furthermore, the candidate will be responsible to supervise project team members as required..
- Escalates issues and risks with available options as appropriate;
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals;
- Leads steering committee with the Senior Delivery Managers.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures;
- Identifies resource requirements;
- Identifies milestones and critical success factors;
- Negotiates changes in scope, budget or schedule with sponsor and steering committee and/or management according to CN I&T operating model;
- Report progress to delivery manager and/or head of a unit/department and steering committee;
- Ensures project transparency with timely and effective project communications;
- Successfully hands over the project outcomes to operation & support teams, leading to successful projects closure.
- Aligns delivery teams & practices throughout the projects execution.
- Leads and directs the work of others;
- Responsible for coordination and completion of large scale and complex projects;
- Manages project constrains & assumptions and maintain projects KPIs throughout the projects lifecycle.
- Communicates and collaborates with people across the organization, partners, clients and vendors to get work done;
- Adequate knowledge of data engineering concepts and technologies
- Master project management best practices and strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with different levels and types of users.
- Preferably holding PMP Certification, or equivalent (Prince-2, PMI-ACP, …).
- Quick learner, autonomous and comfortable managing ambiguity in a fast paced, changing environment;
- Excellent communication of both written and spoken English and French.
- Ability to coordinate interdependencies with other projects.
- Experience working in the Transportation or Rail industry on IT projects is an asset.
- Highly familiar with Agile methodologies (Lean, Scrum,…), Dev-Ops, and continuous integration & continuous delivery.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project Professional Server (PPM)/PWA);
- Proven experience with cloud migration projects such as Azure and GCP
- Ability to think strategically and at the same time diving deep into technical and operational details
- Strong leadership, negotiation, facilitation and interpersonal skills;
- At least 10 years experience in IT Project Management.
- Ability to deliver projects on-time/on-budget that meet business objectives;
- Experience with end to end delivery of mission-critical technology products/services where down time is close to zero
- Intermediate to expert skill with MS Excel or MS PowerPoint.
- Experience in project handover/ handover to operation along with associated change management knowledge.
Company: Canadian National Railway
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com