Website City of Winnipeg
This position is responsible for customer service delivery by providing information to internal and external customers, assists in development of public information, and performs other duties as assigned. This customer service may be delivered in person, through correspondence or verbally via the phone.
- Interpret the respective zoning by-laws, development/zoning agreements that are consistent with OurWinnipeg and the City of Winnipeg Charter.
- Perform customer service delivery by providing information to internal and external customers including the general public, professionals, developers, contractors, other levels of government, and other City Departments, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Receive and examine various forms of development applications to verify compliance with the respective zoning by-laws, development/zoning agreements that are consistent with OurWinnipeg and the City of Winnipeg Charter. Investigate property history and perform complex zoning
- analysis to process the approval or rejection of a development proposal.
- Ability to read legal descriptions of properties and to identify the property on zoning maps.
- Verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate information to others, including colleagues and members of the public.
- Written communication skills with the ability to prepare accurate correspondence to internal and external customers.
- Three (3) years’ experience in the land development field such as surveying, sub-professional engineering (CET), architecture, city planning,
- AND/OR experience applying/interpreting city zoning by-laws.
- Ability to perform concise analytical and mathematical calculations.
- Successful completion of a course in Drafting or Blueprint Reading/Surveying.
- Knowledge and experience with the AMANDA software system, GIS and IView would be an asset.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret by-laws, agreements, and to convey such information to architects, developers, contractors and others.
- Ability to work in a multi-task and highly stressful environment to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret building plans and specifications.
- Ability to apply the City’s zoning and land-use control procedures and regulations.
Company: City of Winnipeg
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com